19. May 2009 05:43
Since a few days, the first beta of TFS 2010 is released. The installation went very smooth. Microsoft has put a lot of effort in the installation experience of TFS.
I choose the run Default Configuration wizard. At my installation on Windows Server 2008 there were some caveats:
1) The Readiness Checks told me that IIS should run in Compatibility Mode. You can install the compatibility mode as follows:
- Open Server Manager
- Clicked Web Server (IIS) in the role summary
- Add Role Services
- Checked IIS 6 Management Compatibility
2) The second blocking issue was around SSRS that was not configured correctly. You can configure SSRS correctly by opening SSRS with the link in the first screen op the TFS Configuration.
- Choose the Web Service URL in the bar at the left. Accept the default values by clicking on Apply
- Choose the Report Manager URL in the bar at the left. Accept the default values by clicking on Apply
- You now have to restart the Wizard, because otherwise the wizard does not pick up the new configuration