31. July 2009 00:08
There is in the Beta 1 version a bug that blocks processing the OLAP cube when you install a fresh instance of TFS 2010. This issue is solved in Beta 2.
To workaround this, do the following:
- In a browser navigate to this URL: http://<servername>:<port">http://<servername>:<port number>/<virtual directory>/_tfs_resources/warehouse/v1.0/warehousecontroller.asmx
Where it says <servername> enter the name of your Team Foundation Server. Where it says, <port number> enter the port number where Team Foundation Server listens for requests. By default this is 8080. Where it says <virtual directory>, enter the virtual directory for Team Foundation Server. Upgraded servers typically will not use the virtual directory, for fresh installs this is typically "tfs".
- Click UnblockOlapProcessing and then click Invoke
- Process the warehouse (ProcessWarehouse)
- Check GetWarehouseStatus() to make sure the adapters are done – refresh the results page till it goes from ProcessingAdapters to Idle
- ProcessOlap() with processing type ‘Full’
- Check GetWarehouseStatus() and wait for it to go from ProcessingOlap to Idle
More information can be found in section 2.5.2 of the readme doc (http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/A/0/7A023209-096F-4F7D-B2BC-831ECC68FF5B/TFS2010Beta1Readme.html)