16. July 2010 12:54
I have a TFS 2010 demo box on Windows Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008.
While I was busy in a team project based on the default Agile or CMMI process template, I saw in the Bug Status report something strange. Although I had bugs assigned (of course it was a demo environment, because I never deliver bugs in real life :) ), the chart that should have been shown was not drawn.
So I went into the data warehouse to confirm that the data was correct and I even added a column to the tablix as a double check
And it confirmed what I already thought: the data is correct. So why is the report not showing?
First I updated my SQL Server to the latest version (SQL Server 2008 R2), but that did not make any difference.
Another few hours of trying and modifying did not solve it. I couldn’t get the hang on it. Until I had help from John Socha-Leialohawho was able to solve the issue. What he did is the following:
- Download the report from the Reporting site
- Open the report in BIDS(the screen shots in this example are from BIDS for SQL Server 2008 R2, so might be slightly different if you use another version)
- Select the chart by clicking on it
- Right click on the chart to open the context menu
- Choose “Change Chart Type” from the context menu
- You will see that the stacked bar is chosen
- Change the chart type to the Bar chart type
- And press OK
- Now change the chart type back to “Stacked bar”
- Follow the same steps for the Resolved Bugs chart.
- And upload the report to the reporting site again (be aware the when you look at the report on the Report site, that it is using a cached report. Just use other parameter values to use the new layout)
And here is the new report that shows the correct result.